1. What personal data do we collect?
Personal data are information which contain details of your personal or material circumstances, such as your name, address, e-mail address and date of birth. We collect your personal data as follows:
- Personal data which you submit on registration for a User Account or when applying for a particular position at Phoenix Lighthouse, such as your name, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, IP address, device ID, curriculum vitae, photograph, references and certificates or other information from which your identity is discernible.
- Information we collect from third party public sources, such as LinkedIn or Xing or other career networking services.
2. Registration with a User Account
2.1 By registering with a User Account at Phoenix Lighthouse and by releasing your profile, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at Phoenix Lighthouse. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with any and all open positions at Phoenix Lighthouse, including beyond those for which you specifically applied.
2.2 If there is a job opportunity at Phoenix Lighthouse which matches your profile, Phoenix Lighthouse may forward your data to the responsible Phoenix Lighthouse managers in order to contact you for interviews. The personal data will be processed in the form of databases and will be collected in secured personal files.
2.3 You may view and update your User Account and/or request correction/amendment or deletion of your personal data at any time. Please either use the online possibilities to update your profile by accessing your User Account or alternatively refer to the following contact e-mail with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4 Please use only private e-mail addresses for requests and communication. Phoenix Lighthouse will only send information to your private address.
3. Application for a particular job opportunity without a User Account
3.1 You also have the possibility to apply solely for one defined job opportunity without getting up a User Account.
3.2 By applying for a specific job opportunity, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at Phoenix Lighthouse for this particular position. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with the position at Phoenix Lighthouse for which you specifically applied. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data provided by you is correct and true.
3.3 You have the option of withdrawing your application at any time.
3.4 Please use only private addresses for requests. Phoenix Lighthouse will only send information to your private address.
4. Submitted Material
4.1 You may choose to submit digital materials demonstrating your skills and abilities for review by Phoenix Lighthouse (“Material(s)”). Please note that Materials are not generally required. If submitted, we will use your Material only for evaluation purposes and will not distribute any copies of the Material to any third parties. We will return or destroy all copies of your Material upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request.
4.2 Phoenix Lighthouse engages in a continuous program to develop new products and ideas internally and we also regularly receive other submissions for consideration. The products, ideas or concepts that Phoenix Lighthouse develops internally or that others submit may be similar to your Material. As a result, we cannot agree to treat as confidential any Material you submit, even if it is marked as confidential or proprietary. Our acceptance or review of your Material does not imply that we will use, develop or market your Material. Our review of your Material does not prevent us from using, developing, or marketing technologies, ideas or products that may be similar in concept or idea to your Material.
5. How do we use your data?
Phoenix Lighthouse will use your personal data
- to manage your relationship with us and process your job application(s),
- to contact you (including by e-mail) about suitable job opportunities as they arise, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account.
- to assess your eligibility for the particular position you have applied for or, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account, for available positions at Phoenix Lighthouse.
- to invite you to Phoenix Lighthouse recruitment events (including by e-mail).
6. Does Phoenix Lighthouse share your data?
6.1 We use reasonable safeguards to limit access to your personal data to those employees at Phoenix Lighthouse seeking/considering a candidate for a position.
6.2 As part of the application process and for successful candidates during your employment, we may share your data as follows:
- With third parties that work with Phoenix Lighthouse to organize and manage data on our behalf (“Service Providers”). In these circumstances your personal data will not be used by Service Providers for any other purpose and Service Providers will use reasonable security precautions.
- In circumstances where we are legally required to do so.
- In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger or sale, we may transfer all personal data we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
7. Where will your personal data be stored and for how long?
- Security is a priority at Phoenix Lighthouse and we take a range of measures to help protect personal data including encryption and access control. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your personal data under our control.
- Phoenix Lighthouse retains your personal data for as long as your User Account remains active; if you do not log into your User Account within a period of two years, Phoenix Lighthouse may send you an e-mail to ask you to update your profile. If you do not log into your profile by the given deadline, your profile including your personal data will be deleted.
- If you have applied for a particular job opportunity without registration of a User Account, your data will be deleted in accordance with the applicable laws once the application process ends or if you withdraw your application.
- On deletion of your personal data we may retain limited personal information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future and where there is a legal requirement to do so.
How you can contact us?
You may contact us at any time if you want your profile and related personal data to be corrected, blocked or deleted. Moreover, we will at any time disclose to you which data are stored, what the origin of the data is, who the recipient of the data is, and the purpose for which data are stored. If you have any questions concerning data protection, please contact us at:
The Phoenix Lighthouse GmbH, Kaiserstr. 146 – 148
76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
We offer you the option of subscribing to a newsletter. We will need your email address to send the newsletter to you. We must also comply with the statutory requirement to verify that you are in fact the owner of the email address provided and would like to receive the newsletter. We verify this by sending you a confirmation email. Our games newsletter will inform you about current and upcoming games and game features. Our recruitment newsletter offers information on our current vacancies. The legal basis for processing your data is your declaration of consent pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
We only send our newsletters with your express consent. You may revoke your consent to the collection and storage of your data at any time without stating reasons. Please use the unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter sent out by us or contact us to revoke your consent. Your data will be deleted after you have unsubscribed.